Happy Monday! Let's start off on the right foot.
I am a big believer in life being a two-way sport. Sometimes you play offense, and other times you play defense. What I've observed is that most of us live 99% of our lives on the defensive side of the ball.
If we aren't thoughtfully taking action on our own behalf, it's easy to find yourself in other people's games just trying to keep up.
Life just sort of... 'happens' to us.
Michael Hyatt calls this the drift. This is when over time, you find yourself in places you never really wanted to end up. We get here by...
1) Not having a clear vision of where we want to end up
2) Not taking direct action to help yourself on a day-to-day basis
So today, take 10-15 minutes to answer the following questions. It will change the course of your week.
- Where have I been playing defense in life?
- Where do I need to play more offense?
- Longterm, how do I want to leave my legacy on earth? What does that look like in daily action?
Hyatt's book called Living Forward gives a helpful framework to the idea of having a 'life plan.' I've read through it a few times and recommend the practices in it.
Have a great week.